The Volunteer Center Bulletin Board is here to share information. If you would like to post something please contact Melissa LaRobardier at 201-489-9454, ext. 127, or via email email@example.com.
Volunteers for Hire
A group of volunteers with disabilities, from the Arc of Bergen and Passaic, would like to help agencies with mailing projects. Please call email Marianne Balazs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Agencies Seeking Items
- Camp Acorn, a recreational and educational program serving more than 100
children and young adults with multiple physical and cognitive
disabilities, is looking for the following donations for our summer
camp: paper products including plates, paper towels, toilet paper, and
photo/printing paper, as well as plastic cups, Clorax sanitizing wipes,
and used ink cartridges. Please contact Cathy Carisi at 201-785-1101 or email@example.com.
- Christian Overcomers is in search of hand sanitizer (small bottles that the volunteers can carry around with
them), Chux's for the beds, gloves (for showering and bathroom needs), 5
blade disposable razors (for the disabled men to get shaved on beauty
day), crafts so the campers can do during the week such as pictures
frames, jewelry making, sun catchers, candy making, etc. If you have items for donation please contact Debbie White at 973-253-2343.
- Bergen Regional Medical Center Foundation
is looking for donations of patio furniture for their long term care
facility. If you have items to donate please contact Gitelle Seer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Hudson Community Action Partnership, West New York, is looking for donations of books (children, teen, and adult books). New or gently used books can be donated by calling Leshaun Pickens at 201-913-4292.
Items Available for Agencies
Do you have an item you want to donate? Call Melissa at 201-489-9454, ext 127 to get your item posted.
Information for Non Profits
The Volunteer Center wants to know...
- Can your program utilize volunteer support from individuals who are mandated by the courts to complete service hours? If so, please let us know. Email Melissa or Debbie. We get phone calls on a regular basis and want to be able to direct people to opportunities to complete their requirements.
- Do you have summer opportunities for students -- middle school, high school, or college? Let us know so we can post them for you.
- If you’ve been putting off the opportunity to engage in social media to market your volunteer opportunities, try students! They can help you set up your sites and teach you how to manage them.
- What about that project that you wish you could get to but the rigors of your daily work keep it in the bottom of your pile of work. Students (high school and college) can help you bring that project to the top and out of pile forever.