CUSTOMIZED, ON-DEMAND WORKSHOPS
The Volunteer Center offers training to fit the specific needs of your agency, at a time and location convenient for you. Contact us today for more information or to book your session.
Amanda Missey, 201-489-9454, ext. 119
WE’RE ON BOARD
Three-hour, highly-interactive board workshop that includes the following information:
- Responsibilities of non-profit boards
- Roles and responsibilities of individual board members
- Financial responsibilities of non-profit boards
- Fundraising responsibilities of boards and individual board members
- Strategic planning for the organization
- Board and committee structure
- Leadership development
- Risk management
The foundation of the training is a board self-assessment, which your board members will complete individually and then as a group. The ensuing discussion will encompass the items outlined above, and result in identification of some issues the agency needs to address and strategies for doing so. The fee includes a one-hour follow-up session 6 to 12 months after the initial workshop.
One-hour presentations on a variety of subjects, including:
- Board Roles & Responsibilities
- The Board's Role in Fundraising
- Ethics/Lobbying and Advocacy
- Board Governance Committee
- Understanding Non-profit Financial Statements
- Succession Planning
- Other topics as requested
Each of the workshops and can easily be conducted during a board meeting.
Debbie Emery, 201-489-9454, ext. 118
ESSENTIALS OF VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT
Three-hour course for all staff members who manage or work alongside volunteers in non-profit and government agencies. Delivered by veteran volunteer managers, the workshop will prepare you to develop and implement a new volunteer program or improve and strengthen an existing one.
- Understanding volunteering and current trends
- The needs assessment and planning your program
- The ins and outs of launching your program
- Running a successful program